A Refined Lifestyle with Exceptional Support
From our independent and assisted living apartments to our professionally designed Safe Harbor Memory Care neighborhood, The Saybrook at Haddam offers exclusive amenities, a dedicated team, and a superior environment professionally designed to accommodate aging in place.
The grounds are beautifully landscaped and bursting with seasonal color. Each apartment is remarkably spacious, is filled with natural light, and features state-of-the-art finishes. Our campus offers ample arking for those who are still driving, and scheduled transportation for those who no longer drive. 24/7 staffing offers peace of mind for both residents and family.
Please explore what we offer and visit us in person to see how gracious and comfortable The Saybrook at Haddam can be for you or your family member.
Leave the hassles of traditional home ownership behind and allow us to take care of the cooking, cleaning, and maintenance.
Every day in The Saybrook at Haddam's retirement community is an adventure. Or an opportunity for quiet discovery. Our independent living community lets seniors be as active as they like, or as restful as they choose. On any given day, there is an array of scheduled activities and programs indoors or outside our campus environs. Fun and learning, new friendships, and a welcoming atmosphere for families are always on the itinerary.
“It was very easy for me to move from my house in Essex to The Saybrook at Haddam. I was welcomed by the staff and by my new neighbors, who are now my new friends! I am able to continue my active and independent lifestyle, while giving up the headaches of homeownership. Imagine, my first winter without having to worry about snow shoveling, grocery shopping, or feelings of loneliness. With so many social and cultural activities, along with opportunities for fitness and entertainment, I really feel at home here.” - Charlotte W.
- Three meals daily
- Weekly housekeeping, including flat linen service
- Emergency call system
- 24-hour staffing, including nurses
- Utilities (excluding phone and cable)
- Daily social, educational, and recreational activities
- Exercise and wellness programs
- Maintenance of the apartment, common areas, and grounds
- Scheduled transportation
When help is needed with the activities of daily living, The Saybrook at Haddam implements care with their state-licensed assisted living services agency.
Customized plans are developed for each resident under the direction of a registered nurse, and in coordination with our experienced management team and programming staff. Input from the family is critical and incorporated, so each resident receives and purchases only what they require. Assisted Living Residents throughout East Lyme, Middletown, & Chester, CT receive our core amenities plus support as outlined in their plan of care.
Services include assistance with:
- Dressing and grooming
- Hearing and visual needs
- Medication management
- Escorts to and from dining room and activities
- Toileting and incontinence care
- Extra housekeeping
Safe Harbor Memory Care
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Related Conditions
Safe Harbor is a peaceful, separate area in The Saybrook at Haddam for people with Alzheimer's disease and other memory-related conditions. This residential “neighborhood,” staffed by trained professionals, has been specially designed to nurture and stimulate residents, both mentally and physically. Family members can rest assured that loved ones are getting the attention they need, while their dignity is preserved and safety guaranteed.
Cognitive-discordant couples, where one spouse has dementia and the other does not, have many options. They may live together in an apartment in our independent/assisted living community, and the spouse needing memory care can “day-trip” to Safe Harbor. This allows the care-giving spouse much-needed respite, giving him or her time to socialize and participate in activities without worrying about their partner. We provide these services throughout Chester, Middletown, & East Lyme, CT.
Residents benefit from:
- An intimate, comfortable neighborhood setting that includes murals and wall art
- Social activities in our recreation room
- Family-style meals in our Safe Harbor dining room
- Personal time in our bright studio apartments (private or shared, featuring three different room layout choices)
- Fresh air and sunshine through our safe, secure outdoor walking garden and patio
- A unique approach to enhancing and restoring quality of life
- 24-hour staff that attends with patience, empathy, and respect
- A personalized care plan
- Stimulating programs that promote individual self-worth, dignity, and independence
- Familiar routines and structured involvement that emphasize each resident's abilities